Cybersecurity spending gets $1.35 billion boost!
From the initial reports the funds ($1.35 billion) are mainly for:
- $31 million to improve the Australian Signals Directorate’s ability to disrupt cybercrime
- $118 million will be used to expand its data science and intelligence capabilities
- $12 million would be spent on “active disruption” options to protect Australian users
- $470 million would also be used to create more than 500 new jobs within ASD (Cyber Spies being recruited)
- The Defence Minister has also Overall $15 billion spend on cyber and information warfare capabilities over the next decade, to be outlined in Defence’s upcoming 2020 Force Structure Plan.